Haitian Foods and Recipes
Haitian Recipes - Corn Meal - Mais Moulin
Traditional Haitian meal often served with Sliced Avacado
1 cup corn meal
4 cups water
1 minced garlic clove
� finely chopped onion
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp parsley
1 tbs. oil
salt, black pepper, and hot pepper for flavor
1. Saut� garlic and onion in oil.
2. Add water and bring to a boil in a medium pot saut� garlic and onion in oil.
3. Combine remaining ingredients
4. Must stir mixture repeatedly to avoid clumps and lumps
5. Serve this dish with fresh avacado slices on the side.