Haitian Foods and Recipes
Haitian Recipes - Corn Meal - Mais Moulin
Traditional Haitian meal often served with Sliced Avacado
1 cup corn meal
4 cups water
1 minced garlic clove
˝ finely chopped onion
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp parsley
1 tbs. oil
salt, black pepper, and hot pepper for flavor
1. Sauté garlic and onion in oil.
2. Add water and bring to a boil in a medium pot sauté garlic and onion in oil.
3. Combine remaining ingredients
4. Must stir mixture repeatedly to avoid clumps and lumps
5. Serve this dish with fresh avacado slices on the side.