Haitian Foods and Recipes
Haitian Recipes - Conch
1 lb shelled conch, cleaned, skinned
1 med. onion sliced
3/4 cup water
1 tomato chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup oil
1 medium chopped onion
¼ cup scallions 3 Tbs. tomato paste
salt, black pepper, and hot pepper to taste
1 tsp. minced shallots
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp parsley
2 Tbs. vinegar
1. Pound conch with a mallet; cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
2. Place conch in a bowl with vinegar
3. Add water , and set aside for 2 hrs then drain thoroughly
4. Cook onion, garlic and shallots in oil for 2-3 minutes
5. Combine remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat.
6. Conch is cooked when it is tender (about 45 minutes) for 45-50 minutes, stirring constantly until conch is tender.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper